I’m going to make this short and sweet….just like this recipe. It’s hot. So hot. My oven is staying off…so off.
But you know what is not hot…this open-faced sandwich. She’s cold. Nice and cold to break that heat. This is an awesome quick lunch or light dinner.
The tahini-miso spread is quite addictive. You can add a bit of water to it, thinning it out to use as a dressing for kale salads or veggies as in Cookie and Kate’s Raw Kale Salad with Creamy Tahini Miso Dressing. Brilliant.
Alright..got it? Good. Oh and this cute open-faced sandwich is loosely based on Mark Bittman’s Updated Tea Sandwiches. This recipe was chosen by Aura of Dinner with Aura. Check out the other recipes here at the Food Matters Project page.
Open-faced Tomato and Cucumber Sandwich with Tahini-Miso Spread
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons of tahini-miso spread (recipe below)*
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- crumbled feta
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tahini-miso spread on each slice of bread.
- Layer tomato slices and cucumbers. Sprinkle with feta. Enjoy!
*Tahini-Miso Spread Ingredients
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon white or red miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To use as a dressing for salads, add 1/4 cup of water.
- Spread/dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.