Quick and easy meals are the focus in my house lately. And for the coming future….well, for the next three months. I am feverishly preparing to take the professional engineering (P.E.) exam this coming October. The PE exam is the final step in the licensure process for engineers.
It’s a massive 8 hour exam and I am quite out of practice in the studying department. SO to dedicate the most time and be as efficient as possible, I study every ounce that I can and end up taking only a few breaks to eat and squeeze in a few runs. I’m basically M.I.A. So if you need me in the coming months, send smoke signals or slide a note under the door.
My recipes and posts in the coming months will likely reduce in quantity but not quality. I will be featuring quick breakfast/lunch/dinner recipes for folks on the go (or chained to a desk studying). I got ya’lls back people.
These swiss chard wraps were a quick linner (lunch/dinner) that we enjoyed over the weekend using leftover smoked chicken and a few chard leaves. They are similar to burritos, except the chard leaf serves as a fresh ”tortilla”, making it both gluten free and grain free. They come together in a snap. You could use whatever leftovers you have on hand such as taco meat, or grilled veggies, or even scrambled eggs. Top similar to tacos, using avocados, fresh tomatoes, salsa, and cilantro.
Swiss Chard Wraps
- 8 large swiss chard leaves, cleaned and extra stem removed
- 2 cups of grilled veggies (red bell pepper, zucchini, onion, etc)
- 2 cups shredded chicken or beef
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado
- In a medium skillet or microwave, reheat veggies and meat.
- Assemble the swiss chard wraps like tacos, layering the shredded chicken mixture with the desired toppings. Wrap the chard leaf around the filling and dive in!