This is a soul warming soup. The kind of soup that you will want to keep around and curl up with a great book. I’ve been fighting a cold for a week and this soup was the perfect prescription.
It’s easy and comes together in less than 30 minutes. This is the kind of soup that is great for these cold winter days. The kind of soup that you don’t have to think too much about, because you can use leftover chicken, frozen veggies, and pre-made stock. It takes longer to throw a pair of wool socks on than it does to make this soup…well not really, but you get the point. So lay back and relax.
Chicken Mushroom Noodle Soup (serves 6)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups green beans (frozen or fresh), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 parsley, diced
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in italian seasoning and thyme. Add chicken and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green beans, and simmer an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.