Want to have brunch with me this morning?
Please? I’ve made a delicious Quiche. It’s crustless, but I promise you won’t miss the crust.
Go on…pull up a chair…keep your pjs on…I made an extra pot of coffee. I even have a fire in the fireplace. It’s cozy. No need to put pants on. You are my guest!
It’s biting cold outside, but in the kitchen it smells of coffee, bacon, and love. Quiche love. Warm and creamy and hearty and filling Quiche that is baking just for you. No no no…it was no trouble at all. Whipped it up quick and threw it in the oven. Here…need more coffee? Let’s talk.
I’m sorry that things have been so tough lately. Life is crazy and terrible sometimes. But just for this morning, let’s not think of those things. Let’s dream. Let’s remember the great times and the blessings that we have. Let’s remember our small victories.
Need some more coffee? Cream? Sugar?
I missed you. I’m so glad that you came over.
Need another slice of bacon? Seriously…I made extra. Next time I’ll make us a mimosa.
We should do this more often.
Mushroom, Spinach, and Sausage Crustless Quiche (Gluten Free and Dairy Free)
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (low fat or full fat)
- 2 Tablespoon butter, bacon grease, or olive oil
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 spicy italian chicken sausage, diced
- 1 package of fresh spinach (or kale) (3 to 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter a 9-inch pie pan or cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and coconut milk. Set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and thyme in a single layer and sauté until browned. Don’t crowd them. Toss in sausage and brown (about 2 minutes) stirring often. Add spinach on top of cooked mushrooms and sausage. Stir and cook until spinach is slightly wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon and spread the mushroom, sausage, and spinach evenly into the prepared pie pan. Top this with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on edges, puffed, and set in the middle. Serve warm or at room temperature. Leftovers are great reheated for breakfast or lunch.