Cauliflower….oh you bland vegetable. I so often discount you. I generally choose more colorful vegetables over you…but you have shown me the err in my ways. By simply roasting you in an oven, you transform into delicious, addictive, and caramelized veggie poppers.
I drizzled a good olive oil over the florets and sprinkled them with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Threw them in a preheated oven that was set at 425 F and roasted them for 35 to 45 minutes. Holy Moses, I PROMISE you will NOT be disappointed. One head should serve 4 as a side, but I have to admit that two of us destroyed an ENTIRE head of cauliflower in one sitting. Next time I will experiment with other seasonings such as smoked paprika, chili powder, or even curry. Mmmm.
So, quite ignoring cauliflower…go out there and give that veggie a new purpose in life! You are welcome.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Oil or spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Put cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over the florets. Mix until well coated. Lay the florets in a single layer on the roasting pan. Place in oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Pull out of the oven, and try to let them cook before burning your mouth off by eating them directly from the roasting pan (I speak from experience, people).
3 thoughts on “Roasted Cauliflower”