These gluten free blondies are closely related to my Paleo Fudge Brownies which have almond butter as the base ingredient. For these Pumpkin Blondies, I wanted the pumpkin flavor to be front and center stage. Pureed canned pumpkin plus pumpkin pie spices give them an amazing fall flavor that will blow your mind.
I’ve made these several times for dinner parties and group gatherings. I have to say that I prefer them with dark chocolate chunks, unsweetened shredded coconut, and just slightly undercooked (about 25 minutes), where they end up more like gooey pumpkin chocolate chip cookie bars. However, if you prefer to not eat your blondies with messy gooey hands (freaks), then cook these puppies until they are fully set up (about 30 minutes).
Note – if you are using salted almond butter, reduce the quantity of salt or leave out entirely. Similarly, if your nut butter is sweetened, then reduce the quantity of honey equivalently. You could easily sub another type of nut butter for the almond butter. If you do not have pumpkin pie spice blend, then sub cinnamon.
Pumpkin Blondies (Grain Free, Gluten Free, Paleo Friendly, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free) adapted from This Primal Life
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8″x8″ pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter and pumpkin. Mix until combined. Add egg and honey. Mix well. Stir in baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spices. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/4 cup coconut. Top the remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Best when eaten warm!
7 thoughts on “Gluten Free Pumpkin Blondies”
Pumpkin blondies sounds great!
So good! Love the photos.
Thanks! I should have left some of these with you!!!! I ate some for breakfast.
Those look amazing! I can’t wait to try them!
I absolutely loved these gooey pumpkin blondies. Yum. So there’s no almond flour or flour in them at all? I’m intrigued.
These look so good. Like you, I am gluten intolerant as well as egg allergic so I have a hard time finding gf recipes that are easy to adapt. I will make these tomorrow since I have everything on hand. I really like your blog as well. You do a good job