Things have been pretty busy for me lately. We recently traveled to Pittsburgh to see two of our dearest friends and our twin godsons that are 16 months old! So adorable. It was a fun-filled weekend that had me taking naps EVERY day. Twin boys…whoooosh. Then I was in Omaha for work. THEN my two awesome kid sisters came and visited me.
When I’m running around full steam, on the road, and on air planes, I need a good snack. I recently tried SuperSeedz, gourmet pumpkin seeds, and I absolutely LOVE them. I took them on the road with me and shared my new addiction with everyone. They are so delicious and have tons of different flavors. They are one of the best gluten free and paleo-friendly treats on the market.
I’m typically not a big person on doing giveaways, but I am completely in deep smit with these pumpkin seeds. So if you are looking for a tasty snack that is loaded with protein and nutrients, you have to try these!
For a sweet treat, try the chocolate flavored Cocoa Joe! ERHMERGERD! Or spice it up with the Curry Flavored seeds. I really liked these seeds so much that I used the curry flavored pumpkin seeds as a nut crust for a paleo version of chicken fingers! Super kid friendly and easy for the whole family to help prepare.
SuperSeedz and I are giving away a FREE box of all of the delicious flavors that SuperSeedz offers! It’s an amazing snack box full of tasty treats. There are two different ways to enter this giveaway. Receive up to 2 entries if you: Subscribe to Big Eats Tiny Kitchen blog by email. Leave a comment below about your favorite way to use pumpkin seeds. Extra points for creativity! The fine print: You have until midnight CST on Sunday, July 6th, 2014, to leave a comment or subscribe to my blog for chances to win the box of tasty treats. I will notify the winner by email on Monday, July 7th, 2014. To claim the prize, the winner must reply within 7 days with a valid mailing address or another winner will be selected at random. Good luck!
Paleo Curried Pumpkin Seed Crusted Chicken (Grain Free, Gluten Free, Paleo-Friendly)
Note – A food processor or blender is necessary for this recipe.
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts or thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds (I used Super Seedz Curry Flavor)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or any seasoning that you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Process 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds in a food processor for 1 minute or until seeds resemble bread crumbs. Add coconut, curry powder, and salt and pulse until combined. Pour pumpkin seed mixture onto a large plate.
- Whisk two eggs in a medium bowl. Dredge chicken in egg to fully coat. Take egg-coated chicken and lay onto plate with pumpkin seed mixture. Coat chicken on both sides with pumpkin seed mixture thoroughly. Place coated chicken onto roasting pan.
- Cook chicken for 35 to 45 minutes at 400 F (until chicken is cooked through), flipping halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven when cooked through and allow to cool for 5 minutes.